Director of Consulting, Enterprise Architecture
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 9443
We recognize the importance of flexibility in where and how our people work. As a result, we are working remotely unless our clients request our presence in their office. We will be conducting candidate interviews by video. In order to strengthen interpersonal relationships, this position may be required to be in the office occasionally or attend in-person events.
The Director of Consulting, Enterprise Architecture is responsible for managing sales enablement and resources of a practice of technologists that design client IT and applications structure and architecture to ensure it aligns well with the business’ organizational structure and processes, lead internal practice development, manage a technical team, and foster a culture of learning and capability development. Responsible for managing the three columns of the practice: people management, portfolio/delivery management, and sales enablement.
The Director will support business development efforts including proposal development, drive and support sales activities as well as shaping our technical consulting service offerings. The Director of Technology will also be called on to lead short-term high profile consulting engagements as well as longer term ongoing team-based technology projects.
Responsible for maintaining strategic direction, ensuring profitable growth of the practice, quality of consulting delivery, and maintaining customer reference ability. Develops strategy and plans to successfully implement operational policies and achieve business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in consulting, enterprise architecture, Cloud-based platforms, platform and package selection, team building, and people management. The candidate must be highly collaborative and should be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including senior client executives, company leadership, leads, and product managers.
Here's what you'll do in this role:
- Demonstrate knowledge of System, Data, Security, Infrastructure, Cloud, and Technology Architecture Domains
- Provide direct client-based consulting in Enterprise Architecture as well as build and manage an enterprise and technical architecture practice within Celerity
- Work directly with sales to support prospect meetings and proposals including defining scope and resources
- Be able lead and collaborate on enterprise architecture design principles and define standards
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Understand assigned clients and their service lines and actively assess/present ways to improve
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Support the creation of marketing and sales materials in support of delivery capabilities, company offerings, and demand generation campaigns.
- Closely collaborate with other Practice Leaders within and outside the Technology group.
- Serve as an escalation point for client, technical and project issues.
- Solutions-oriented technologist with a broad skillset and the ability to manage a development team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Best Practices in Architecture and Design
- 10+ years' experience as a Technologist and architect.
- 5+ years' experience as a consultant
- 5+ years’ experience as a leader in a consulting organization
- 5+ years' experience managing technical teams
- Ability to work with Sales, Client Partners, and internal stakeholders to assess, scope, and create project time and estimation approach
- Proven ability to identify and close services opportunities
- Must have the ability to apply innovative approaches to solving technical and design issues
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Should have a large professional network
- Should have excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) and be able to maintain clear, concise, and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers, and team members.
- Should have experience with Robotic Process Automation
- Must be a team player with client-oriented focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience communicating with individuals of varying degrees of technical experience and executive tenure.
$170,000 - $200,000. This base salary range is based on your actual work location and hours worked. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to role, education, work experience, certifications, etc. Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, as well as a deferred compensation plan.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Consulting, Enterprise Architecture
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.