Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0003597
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely, and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will continue to be remote once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Client is looking for support to implement security event logging and monitoring across a diverse application portfolio. or applications to identify and report specific logging events for research and analysis. Candidate will work cross functionally to review requirements and develop solutions to ingest specific IAM logs into a Splunk environment that will be monitored by a Cyber Security Operations (CSOC) Team for possible application security breaches.
Here's what you'll do in this role:
- Evaluate specific logging, monitoring, and alerting information about applications implemented in the NFCU environment either on-site, cloud, or hybrid
- Serve as a critical QA point within an existing four stage provisioning used to integrate applications to Splunk Logging and Alerting
- Evaluate the completeness and accuracy of the information provided and verify that the log entries located for the “Alerting Use Cases” meet the criteria set forth by CSOC
- Identify deficiencies including inaccurate or incomplete information provided in service requests and revert the workflow to collect the additional information required
- Interact with the appropriate business unit (BU) contact to collect the missing items or clarify the inaccurate information when the supporting team has difficulty obtaining the required information from the technical contact, our resource will need to
- Requires a working knowledge of Splunk SPL and KQL to identify trends and patterns of data
- Previous information security experience and a proven knowledge of Identify and Access Management (IAM) technologies and logging capabilities.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Azure a plus
- Previous experience implementing application logging and monitoring events
- You have excellent communication skills across all levels
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree
- You have at least 2 years of experience with meeting/team facilitation and can solve problems and think analytically
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors.
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Splunk Engineer
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.