Full Stack Developer
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0003564
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Work as part of a team of developers to modernize a legacy Monolith application into an API-first microservice
- Design and implement microservices that use the spring boot framework.
- Create applications using object-oriented principles and test-driven design
- Create new front-end experiences using REACT
- Create excellent code documentation and unit tests
- Exercise your problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- 3 + years of Design and development experience with core Java
- 3 + years using the Spring Framework (Boot, Core, Security, Data, Cloud)
- Experience using JSON and REST APIs
- Experience using enterprise relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, MySql) and writing queries, stored procedures, and functions
- Preferred experience in any or all of the following: DevOps. Java build tools such as Maven or Gradle. Building and running containers with a stateless design using Docker. Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins. Persistence framework. Runtime environments such as OpenJDK 17. Common interfacing techniques for web applications such as SOAP and REST services. Unit testing tools such as JUnit. Configuration source code management (SCM) tools such as Git, or GitLab.
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work on complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Full Stack Developer
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.