Lead Senior Designer
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 9343
Celerity's Customer Experience Team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems.
- You are an inspirational design leader with a vision and purpose to drive CX transformation for our clients and a proven background transforming customer experiences and business processes
- You relentlessly building empathy for customers with business partners using emotions to connect people with business outcomes
- You excel at telling stories, sharing insights, influencing business partners, and creating positive energy to drive outcomes
- You love pitching ideas and testing concepts that affect the biggest problems facing organizations
- You have a strong ability to communicate insights and concepts via customer journey maps, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, and other design mediums.
- You have 8+ years of experience across user experience and service design programs and projects
- You have a few years of experience managing user research and design projects
- You are familiar with quantitative methods and UX measures
- You are responsible for the quality of deliverables across a variety of projects
- You are a hands-on team expert, encouraging action over talking and inspiring innovative approaches to design and facilitation during client and internal meetings and team events
- You are comfortable diplomatically advocating for the right solution for customers and employees, for design team members and business stakeholders
- You have experience designing services and products for b2b and b2c organizations
- You have experience with the following concepts beyond the buzzwords: designOps, design systems, systems thinking, design sprints, problem framing
- You have a strong work ethic, strive to develop yourself professionally, and help your team exceed their potential
- You are an impeccable personal-time manger with an eye for detail
- You have excellent people skills and a history of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients, coworkers, and partners
- You know your design tools inside and out, most specifically Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, MURAL, and experienced with management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Basecamp, Asana, etc.
- You love coaching less experienced designers and others the value of design
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- This role will require 25%-45% of travel
It would be great if you also had:
- You have deep experience managing design work across brand, strategy, business, and operational projects in healthcare and life sciences / pharmacy or financial services
- You have experience with eCommerce applications
- You have an advanced degree in Design preferred (Human factors, Design, HCI)
- You are or are interested in writing and speaking at conferences and are involved in various communities
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Senior Designer
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.