Director Data Governance and Architecture
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 9275
The Director of Consulting, Data Governance and Architecture is responsible for managing sales enablement and resources of a practice of technologists that will work directly with clients as a lead consultant on Data Governance and Data Architecture projects to ensure data aligns well with the business’ organizational structure and processes, lead internal practice development, manage a data team, and foster a culture of learning and capability development.
The Director will support business development efforts including proposal development, drive and support sales activities as well as shaping our technical consulting service offerings. The Director will also be called on to lead short-term high profile consulting engagements as well as longer term ongoing team-based technology projects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in consulting, data governance, Cloud-based platforms, platform and package selection, team building, and people management. The candidate must be highly collaborative and should be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including senior client executives, company leadership, leads, and product managers.
- Define data governance: principles, business rules and definitions
- Develop data quality standards: measurement of data quality, confidence threshold, priority setting, contact matching logic etc.
- Lead a team of geographically diverse data analysts
- Establish and document operational procedures for data analysts
- Monitor the team’s operational efficiency and efficacy
- Refine and improve ways of working to maximize the team’s impact to enhance and enrich contact quality at clients
- Collaborates with technical staff, business data analysts and subject-matter experts to evaluate, assess and catalog data to be used in support Enterprise data analytics solutions.
- Examines various source systems to evaluate data assets, assess their strategic value and determine their integrity
- Performs data analysis including sampling, modeling, profiling, and evaluation of statistical metrics to develop an understanding of data attributes and subject areas
- Researches and assesses data quality, data lineage and data completeness for critical Enterprise/Master data.
- Documents opportunities and risks and collaborates to determine recommendations to address issues
- Fosters the cross-functional collaboration required to leverage data as a strategic asset to enable self-service analytics (i.e., insight generation, dashboards), advanced analytics (i.e., predictive, and prescriptive modeling), corporate performance management, and digital transformation
- Ensures technical metadata and business glossary meets data protection, data privacy and data quality standards
- Collaborate within an agile, multi-disciplinary team of data architects, data analysts, data engineers, BI developers, and scrum master to enable access to data supporting various analytics solutions
- Designing and building reports and analytics
- QA and validate new and existing reports and analytics for proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Understand assigned clients and their service lines and actively assess/present ways to improve
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Support the creation of marketing and sales materials in support of delivery capabilities, company offerings, and demand generation campaigns.
- Closely collaborate with other Practice Leaders within and outside the Technology group.
- Serve as an escalation point for client, technical and project issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Analytics etc., or equivalent experience
- 8+ years' experience as a consultant
- 5+ years’ experience as a leader in a consulting organization
- 8+ years performing data analysis across legacy, cloud and package applications using data analysis toolsets
- 8+ years’ experience working with analytical capabilities including knowledge about various analytical architectures, patterns and methods, analytics applications (Cognos, Power BI, Tableau), and Data warehouse platforms (Netezza, Teradata, Redshift, Snowflake etc.)
- 8+ years’ experience creating detailed technical specifications, metadata, and release documentation
- 5+ years’ experience managing people
- Experience using SQL to perform data analysis.
- In-depth ability to analyze, interpret, and present data
- In-depth knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience performing code reviews in SQL
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Director Data Governance and Architecture
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.