Sr. UX Design Strategist
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0003332
Celerity's Customer Experience Team is expanding and on the hunt for the fun, savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems.
About this Role:
Our healthcare client serves over 14 countries and is establishing a CX Center of Excellence (CXCoE). This is a new role designed to oversee creation of the foundation, standards, processes, and vision that will scale and unite CX and UX efforts across the organization. Employees and stakeholders alike approach each project with heart, collaboration and dedication and truly care about placing patients, and the users, at the center.
What You’ll Do:
- Build a deep understanding of our client's business, their customers and culture
- Synthesize data from research studies and co-creation sessions to identify key insights and translate them into actionable opportunities
- Plan and facilitate design sprints, co-creations sessions, and iterative prototyping
- Produce journey maps, workflow diagrams, conceptual designs, and interactive prototypes towards client needs and outcomes
- Understand and articulate value proposition for the creation and innovation of products and services
- Craft and tell compelling stories to communicate insights, opportunity areas, and concept designs to a variety of audiences
- Support the execution of new product experiences within client organizations
- Interact directly with customers, end-users, clients, client leadership, partners, and other key stakeholders
- Work closely with product managers, UX researchers, strategists, developers, and designers using design thinking, lean, and agile methodologies
You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You embrace teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!
- You are a UX Design Strategist with 7+ years of professional experience, and a keen understanding of working under business and technical constraints
- You are comfortable diplomatically advocating for the right solution for customers and employees
- You have experience with the following concepts beyond the buzzword: services design, design thinking; human-centered design, user-centered design; systems thinking; design sprints; co-creation
- You have research experience so you’re comfortable planning, supporting, or executing UX research activities
- You are obsessed with solving problems (UX, service design or otherwise) when you find them (which is often)
- You have a strong work ethic, strive to develop yourself professionally, and help your team exceed their potential
- You can lead and be led, give and take feedback effectively, and are open to learn and teach at each opportunity
- You have strengths influencing, negotiating, and communicating both written and verbal
- You are conscientious and diligent with an eye for detail
- You have excellent people skills and have a history of developing/maintaining positive working relationships with clients, coworkers, and users
- You know your design tools inside and out, most specifically Figma, Sketch, Miro, Mural, Journey Mapping Software and Adobe Creative Suite
It would be great if you also had:
- You have a passion for speaking, writing, and facilitation
- You are actively involved in the UX community
- You are interested in speaking at webinars & conferences
- You have an advanced degree in design (Human factors, HCI, Innovation)
- You have successfully taken product design projects from conception to delivery
- You have at least 3 years of consulting/agency experience
This role will require 25%-45% of travel.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. UX Design Strategist
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.