Lead UX Researcher
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0003331
Celerity’s Customer Experience Team is expanding and on the hunt for savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems.
About the role
The Lead UX Researcher is a core member of Celerity's Customer Experience team and is responsible for conducting research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who will champion the practice of research as a core part of the design process for cross-channel experience design. It is expected that the candidate be a self-starter able to lead client user experience research initiatives to deliver meaningful insights. The Senior UX Researcher must collaborate with Experience Design practice leaders and other Celerity team members (visual designers, content strategists, engineers, etc.) in creating effective, efficient, and satisfying customer experiences and user interfaces.
About the client
Our healthcare client serves over 14 countries and is establishing a CX Center of Excellence (CXCoE). This is a new role will be a key player to help inform, scale, and unite UX research efforts across the organization. Employees and stakeholders alike approach each project with heart, collaboration and dedication and genuinely care about placing the patient, and the users, at the center.
A Day in the life: what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including partners, design, product managers, business owners) to proactively identify, prioritize, plan, and execute high-impact research studies
- Lead research initiatives that help teams uncover actionable insights and evaluate design
- Help clients determine the appropriate research strategy to answer critical questions
- Identify research topics and questions by collaborating closely with clients
- Design research studies that focus on behavior and attitude
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and synthesis of data (e.g., usability testing, ethnography, diary studies, tree tests)
- Participate in User Research thought leadership in both the company and the industry
- You have 8+ years' experience in applied research setting as an UX researcher
- You are familiar with quantitative methods, CX measures, and statistical concepts
- You love facilitating generative research activities, ideation exercises, and other workshop utilizing a human-centered design approach to fuel innovative product and service design
- You have experience testing websites and applications across a variety of devices
- You are a strong storyteller, communicating findings and illustrating opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways
- You have a strong sense for human empathy and a curious drive to create narratives about the people who use our client’s products and services in a unique way
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- You are comfortable conducting research within an Agile environment and executing research sprints
- You are comfortable diplomatically advocating for the right solution for customers and employees, for design team members and business stakeholders
- You have experience with the following concepts beyond the buzzwords: ResearchOps, journey mapping, journey management, co-creation, storytelling, governance
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
It would be great if you also had:
- Deep experience managing research and design projects in healthcare and life sciences / pharmacy
- A passion for UX design
- You have an advanced degree (Human factors, Design, HCI, Innovation)
- You have successfully managed multiple research projects from conception to delivery
- You have at least 3 years of consulting/agency experience
You are or are interested in writing, speaking at conferences, and participate in various communities
This role will require 25%-45% of travel
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Lead UX Researcher
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.