Sr. Design Operations Manager
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0003329
This role will require 25%-45% of travel.
Celerity’s Customer Experience Team is expanding and on the hunt for savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems.
About this Role:
Our healthcare client serves over 14 countries and is establishing a CX Center of Excellence (CXCoE). This is a new role designed to oversee creation of the foundation, standards, processes, and vision that will scale and unite CX and UX efforts across the organization. Employees and stakeholders alike approach each project with heart, collaboration and dedication and truly care about placing the patient, and the users, at the center.
A Day in the life: what you’ll do:
- Develop operating model for CX and UX professionals, to work efficiently and effectively across multiple teams ensuring consistent and seamless experience outcomes
- Lead an initial team of 4 — CX Design Lead, UX Research Lead, and a principle UX Designer. Define future needs and expand team in partnership with our client
- Build a deep understanding of our client's business, their customers, partners, and culture
- Support the management of CX program roadmap, strategy, and governance for the overarching design system (inclusive of web and mobile apps)—ensuring that all users view every digital interaction as a part of a cohesive experience across channels
- Establish design measures and standards and worki with designers to ensure quality and accessibility standards are being met
- Create and manage intake and prioritization process for new team members, develop repeatable processes to onboard new team members, support hiring managers, track budgets, report progress and tool procurement
- Co-create a community of practice, proactively creating development paths for team members to grow professionally
- Champion the value of design with partners such as product owners, business, and technology leaders
- Relentlessly review and improve design quality through individual coaching as well as structured team critique
- Explore, examine, and experiment with new tools, methods, measures, and approaches to improve operational and cultural team goals
- Provide recommendations to mature, shape, and scale CX best practices, and create growth opportunity for team members
- Partner with design and research leaders to develop design principles, communication processes, training, mentoring, and ongoing coaching acting as advocate for improving the customer experience
- Understand and articulate value proposition for the creation and innovation of products and services
- Craft and tell compelling stories to communicate customer & employee insights, opportunity areas, and concept designs to a variety of audiences
- Train and coach less experienced team members during the execution of client projects
- Support the execution of strategic experiences within client organizations
- Deep understanding using design thinking, lean, and agile methodologies, and ceremonies
- Contribute to thought leadership and business insights while promoting your unique brand
You are a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit. If this sounds like you, then please apply. We would love to meet you!
- You are an inspirational leader with a vision and purpose to drive CX transformation for our clients
- You relentlessly build empathy for customers with business partners using empathy to connect people with business outcomes
- You love telling stories, sharing insights, influencing business partners, and creating positive energy to drive outcomes
- You love pitching ideas and testing concepts that affect the biggest problems facing organizations
- You have a strong ability to communicate insights and concepts via customer journey maps, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, and other media.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Design Ops Lead, Manager, Design Program Manager, Creative Project Manager, or similar role with an agency, studio, in-house team, or large-scale program
- You have 8+ years of experience across customer experience design, user experience design, employee experience design products and projects
- You have a few years of experience managing user research and design projects
- You are responsible for the quality of deliverables across a variety of projects
- You are a hands-on team expert, encouraging action over talking and inspiring innovative approaches to design and facilitation during client and internal meetings and team events
- You are comfortable diplomatically advocating for the right solution for customers and employees, for design team members and business stakeholders
- You have experience designing services and products for b2b and b2c organizations
- You have experience with the following concepts beyond the buzzwords: designOps, safe agile, design systems, systems thinking, co-creation, storytelling, governance
- You are familiar with quantitative methods and CX measures
- You have a proven background transforming CX and business processes
- You have a strong work ethic, strive to develop yourself professionally, and help your team exceed their potential
- You are an impeccable personal-time manager
- You are conscientious and diligent with an eye for detail
- You have excellent people skills and have a history of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients, coworkers, and partners
- You know your tools inside and out, most specifically Jira, Confluence, Basecamp, Salesforce, Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
It would be great if you also had:
- You have deep experience managing design work across brand, strategy, business, and operational projects in healthcare and life sciences / pharmacy or financial services
- You have an advanced degree in Design (Human factors, Design, HCI, Innovation)
- You have successfully taken projects from conception to delivery
- You are or are interested in writing and speaking at conferences and are involved in various communities
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Design Operations Manager
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.