Full Stack Developer
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 9247
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will remain as a remote position once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
Looking for “T-shaped developers” (broad interest and understanding of technology, databases and the web, but with deep interest in server side or back-end work). Be part of the development team where the passion to improve, extent, re-architect and transform existing products to be amazingly scalable, improved throughput, resilient and modern. Develop ideas, conceive solutions and implement minimally viable products. Apply web-scale design patterns to solve practical problems around high transaction, massively scalable and concurrent search and reserve problems.
This role with require experience in SDLC, agile development, solution Change Management, Release Management and version control. The Successful candidate must show great management and technical skills and leadership.
- Hands on development, implementation, integration and testing
- Participate as part of an Agile team, attending scrum calls and assisting the team in the definition of design.
- Involvement in projects that vary from proof of concepts, which are stood up in weeks, to becoming the domain expert on our core-transaction-processing platform
- Support a responsive human user interface or API with synchronous processing with a Java based back-end (primarily)
- Identify reusable development code across various modules of the product.
- Optimize the system for high volume, high through-put transaction processing
- Write design documents and write unit test case for the code
- Integration with existing systems
- Responsible for delivering the modules for the product
- Assist junior developers in guiding them with technology or process as required
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced start-up like environment.
- The ability to work as a team player is essential.
- Desire a person who can display Initiative and the ability to make decisions while working with minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge and experience working in both a Windows & Linux environment
- Experience 10+ years in development
- Solid, practical knowledge of Java Eco System: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Hibernate REST, SOAP JSON, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Some IDE-Eclipse, IntelliJ or NetBeans
- Good knowledge/experience in building software in AWS Cloud environment , Container technologies ( ex: Docker), & Micro services architecture.
- Front-End – jQuery, Angular, ReactJS, Single Page Application
- Relational databases – MySQL, Oracle,
- Agile experience – Scrum, Continuous Integration, Test Driven development
- Experience with everything from bash scripting to single page apps
- Experience in working in the cloud environment
- Experience in Serverless architecture.
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
It would be great if you also had:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in testing Telecom or number management solutions preferred
- Proven experience leveraging AWS (or other cloud provider) to deliver mission critical applications.
- Experience with Java, Spring, REST/SOAP API, Relational Databases, Version Control.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Full Stack Developer
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.