Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Requisition Number: 9008
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Process Data Model Change Request (DMCR).
- Produce required physical database design documentation.
- Create and maintain test and production data manipulation language (DML).
- Responsible for moderate to complex documentation (e.g. required physical database design).
- Track, control, and prioritize open projects.
- Screen, verify, and enforce data usage and table/column naming standards.
- Publish and manage table/column naming standards.
- Design database objects, such as columns, indexes, tables, and views for moderately complex initiatives.
- Collaborate with Database Administrators (DBAs) and other staff to resolve data issues, and to ensure the highest possible degree of data integrity.
- Review designs with other DA’s.
- Participate in testing of new versions of data modeling related software.
- Provide weekly status updates, time reporting, attend DA meetings.
- Collaborate with scoping, planning, prioritizing project workload.
- Participate in conceptual and data analysis regarding database design.
- Mentor less senior team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and at least two to five years of experience in relational/dimensional database technology including data modeling (logical and/or physical) or any equivalent combination of skills, knowledge and ability.
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience with ER/Studio
- Solid skills to debug and dig deeply into one specific task to uncover root cause and provide solution(s).
- Track record of analyzing moderately complex information to draw alternative conclusions.
- Solid knowledge with IBM DB2 on z/OS, Linux, Unix, Windows and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Demonstrated skills in physical data modeling, database design principals and a system development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of application programming languages (i.e. Cobol, C, or .Net) and their utilization of database objects
- Knowledge of structured query language
- Effective communication skills necessary to make yourself understood when speaking about complex technical subjects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of development of a data strategy and associated policies.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Data Architect
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.