Sr. Manager, Product Management
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0002932
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will remain as a remote position once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
This role is responsible for managing the entire life cycle for specific segment of new and existing product or service within our client's line of business. Ensures growth and profitability for existing and new products/services. Responsible for product definition, business case definitions, product experience, and go to market strategies. Leads Product Managers associated with all phases of the product lifecycle. (Classification into this level is based on the dollar impact and/or complexity of the products and services and responsibility for managing Product Managers - One or more products or services within a category, depending on the complexity/volume of the product or service)
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Develops product plans and business cases for new products and services. Prepares annual business plans for the defined products and the development/implementation of key product strategies and tactical action plans.
- Ensures that all products meet or exceed financial goals, including return on investment. Grow product portfolio through organic growth as well as the development of new lines of business.
- Manages all life cycle migration strategies and sunset legacy technologies. Identify product features and functionality related to customer requirements.
- Ensures maximum market potential through in-depth understanding of customer needs, industry trends, and market requirements for current, new and future markets. Defines market positioning of products and participates in setting pricing strategy.
- Develops market strategies, roadmaps and product portfolios that maximize market share, profitability, revenue retention and growth, and other strategic objectives.
- Defines and develops products/services that will win in the marketplace through alignment with customer requirements and capabilities.
- Collaborates with dedicated enterprise resources, e.g. Engineering, Supply Chain, CARE, EIT, and other product management teams to optimize overall revenue and margin goals.
- Manages a team of Product Managers. Provides coaching, direction and leadership to team members.
- 4 - 8 years’ experience managing others in a marketing and/or product development environment
- 6 plus years in one or more of the following categories: software/hardware, web, telecommunications, consumer electronics, or consumer packaged goods, with a focus on product management, product development or marketing. Strong understanding of voice and data services and products
- Ability to assess and implement successful, focused, integrated product development plans
- Knowledge of new product development processes and product life cycle management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to convey business and technical concepts to subject matter experts and non-technical professionals. Ability to present compelling business cases to stakeholders
- Knowledge of financial drivers, experience in managing return on investment objectives. Ability to create forecasts, financial models and budgets
- Experience developing and executing go-to market strategies
- Broad understanding of program management concepts and tools, including technical, innovation process, product management, financial and operations functions
- Ability to influence, lead and coach cross functional teams and champion new concepts and ideas
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Product Management
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.