Jr C++ Software Engineer
Location: Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 8969
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Consistently deliver on time high quality code with minimal errors using existing standards and guidelines
- Think and code like a designer/architect
- Design, document, develop, implement and unit test software modules
- Design elegant and workable software solutions, both on an application and system-wide level
- Consistently meet established deadlines
- Debug existing code in response to Problem Tracking Records (PTR) and Change Requests (CR)
- Create and update standardized documentation
- Conduct routine performance analysis in order to optimize software
- Work effectively with Product Development, Technical Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance to create and develop high quality code for internal/external customers that works and is consistent with requirements documents
- Perform feasibility studies, evaluate results and propose viable solutions accordingly
- Evaluate and integrate technologies from other providers, where suitable
- Identify hardware, software and technology platforms that need to be integrated to meet current and future business needs
- Maintain timely reports on status of projects, potential technical problems and any other relevant details
- Coordinate technical loads of new software releases (when applicable)
- Analyze hardware capacity (when applicable)
- Participate in the validation/acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning necessary to finalize the product (when applicable)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent.
- Relevant Work Experience: 1-5 years’ experience as software engineer on large scale system
- Business Understanding: Knowledge of travel industry and/or related technologies is required
- Computing: Unix/Linux, Design Patterns, C++/Object Oriented languages, XML/Edifact/JSON/Protobuf, SQL/Oracle/NoSQL Databases, Webservices, Distributed environments, Python
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, very detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, identify, resolve project issues quickly and effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with a top-notch development team with a solid track record of innovation, quality, and timely deliverables
- Thrives in a professional, team-empowered environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
City: Dallas, TX
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Jr C++ Software Engineer
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.