Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0002629
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will remain as a remote position once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Design, deliver and optimize dialogues: Support shared services team in gathering conversation requirements for new chatbot features or new use cases of the conversation engine. Write human-centered dialogues, review conversation logs and metrics, test conversations, create conversation diagrams, understand impacts of integrations on conversations, and collaborate with UX research to improve conversation experiences. Plan and prioritize conversation work with the shared services team in an Agile environment
- Developing the UX Writing capability: Developing process for incorporating content into sprints: Collaborate to create a method for identifying content needs in sprint planning so that UX writing work can be forecasted and managed. Review and write UX copy for products. Provide clear, concise, and helpful copy for UI screens, interactions, and e-mails. Collaborate with designers, document copy requirements, attend design reviews, validation sessions with users, and research readouts
- Creating a content design vision: Create a vision for how content is managed via the design system (Orbit) and team. Support and guide context strategy for the design system site. Partner with brand and design teams to define voice, tone, and writing guidelines, nomenclature, content patterns, and content requirements for components. Guide designers on best practices for UX writing. Support ongoing development of the design system
- You lead by example as a true doer, wanting to see fast and good results, whilst having a passion for creating rich conversational experiences through content.
- You seek to find alignment of user needs and business goals in your work, where you display great active listening skills and openness to different ideas and suggestions.
- You are a systems-thinker who loves to build simple and elegant experiences for complex products. As an effect you excel in creating and aligning complex conversational scenarios. You navigate the conversational architecture from the holistic to the granular level in a hands-on way through: writing and prioritizing scenarios and delivering and optimizing dialogues.
- You use a data and insights-led approach in your design decisions and seek data to inform you.
- You possess excellent writing and editing skills writing content for digital products and services
- You are a phenomenal communicator and have a proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners
- You possess a keen understanding of working under business and technical constraints
- You have a native proficiency in English (speaking, writing)
- 5+ years of professional writing experience in a UX writing / Content Strategy role preferably in a conversational (e.g. chatbot) setting, where the candidate has built up
- Experience in working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Senior (5+ years) experience with the following concepts beyond the buzzword: user-centered design; design thinking, ux research, ux writing
- Experienced (2+ years) with conversational design / copywriting (e.g. chatbots)
- Experienced (2+ years) ux writing for digital product teams and / or design systems.
- Experience (2+ years) in working in fast paced environments: preferably experience as part or (agile) design sprints
- An ideal candidate will speak at conferences and is involved in the UX community
- You have a designer's mindset (problem solving) and are as inquisitive as a researcher. This makes you obsessed with finding and solving problems.
- You are a holistic user experience problem solver that considers every facet of the user journey
- You strive to develop yourself professionally, and help your team exceed their potential
- You can lead and be led, give and take feedback effectively, and are open to learn and teach at each opportunity
- You are conscientious and diligent with an eye for detail
- You have excellent people skills and have a history of developing/maintaining positive working relationships with clients, coworkers, and users
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Content Strategist
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.