AWS & BI Support Engineer
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Requisition Number: 8866
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Support production and non-production big data processing and tools.
- Perform administration of EMR clusters - Hadoop (HDFS/YARN/Spark).
- Work with Middleware Team to support Kafka clusters, Zookeeper, KStream and KConsumer.
- Monitor the AWS environment and provide daily health of each environment providing performance recommendations as needed.
- Perform software installation, upgrade, configure, and documentation of: software, AWS services, and AWS components.
- Create and maintain the Data & Analytics Run Book for the AWS environment and work with the Dev Ops Team to deploy changes to the higher AWS environments.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture (EA) Team, BI Architect, and ETL/Data Integration Lead to implement the AWS environments and services needed to support Data & Analytic projects.
- Partner with the ESO Team to document all roles, capabilities, and permissions needed in AWS for the Data & Analytics Team.
- Work with ETL/Data Integration Lead to configure and monitor Python/Informatica scheduled jobs in the AWS environment.
- Work with EA Team and BI Architect to recommend AWS technology and services to support a given business need.
- Provide integration review of code and changes to the AWS application environment.
- Maintain currency of AWS best practices and services.
- Support user community, in-house and remote clients, with technical issues related to BI software and development where applicable.
- Work with the support specialist to cross train for redundancy across roles.
- Troubleshoot moderately complex problems for on premise legacy operational data store and data warehouse systems such as: coding, scheduling, and code migration problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Engineering preferred; six plus years of Information Technology (IT)-related experience; four plus years of experience with AWS cloud infrastructure or a combination of training/certification and three plus years of applicable experience or any equivalent combination of knowledge, training, and/or experience.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure and services.
- Experience with Informatica, Tableau, and SAS (or equivalent) installation on premise or AWS EC2.
- Demonstrated advanced experience with: AWS EMR, S3, EC2, Redshift, Glue, KMS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, and DMS.
- Effective communication skills necessary to make yourself understood when speaking about complex technical subjects.
- Track record of managing multiple activities with varying priorities while ensuring accurate and timely results.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-platform environment including on-site and the AWS Cloud platform.
- Demonstrated understanding of SQL syntax using various relational database engines (i.e. IBM Relational Database DB2, SQL Server, Oracle).
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of data lake and data warehousing methods.
- Proven ability to focus on details for extended periods of time.
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: AWS & BI Support Engineer
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.