Location: Washington, D.C., United States
Requisition Number: 8861
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Lead vision, strategy, and feature development for all products using the SciMeetings platform, including defining success metrics and managing the product lifecycle.
- Work with vendors and IT to define requirements for features, functionality, and enhancements.
- Define product timelines, milestones, and responsibilities for each product line.
- Support customers with onboarding, posting their research artifacts, and data analytics.
- Serve as a consultant to educate customers on best practices in open access publishing and virtual meetings.
- Maintain awareness of customer and end-user needs through regular surveys and market research.
- Participate in launch activities including go-to-market plans, training, and communication. Participate in the development of marketing and sales collateral and tools.
- Understand the competitive landscape and evaluate market trends to better inform product roadmap.
- BA/BS required, MS preferred, PhD or equivalent experience in business, product development, computer science, information science, or a scientific field a plus.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing database products. Experience managing external vendors a plus.
- Familiarity with open access and virtual meetings a plus.
- Accustomed to working with startup products
- Adept at dealing with ambiguity and a frequently changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple products and tasks while meeting stated deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in leading through influence.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills. Ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Effective problem solver and multitasker with strong analytical skills.
- Collaborative working style, effective at working with cross-functional teams and supporting authors to produce high quality content.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
State: District Of Columbia
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.