Enterprise Data Architect
Location: Washington, D.C., United States
Requisition Number: 8856
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Oversight and participation in enhancements to stored procedures (Oracle and Snowflake), developing ad-hoc queries as requested by the business customers, troubleshooting data problems, investigating performance issues, and investigating data load failures
- Will be responsible for submitting change requests with scripts that DBAs can use to deploy database or data changes in the staging and production tiers
- Bachelor’s degree in information science or equivalent education.
- Three years of current data architect experience and at least 10 years of experience in database development.
- Expert knowledge of technology that NERDS uses to support interfacing downstream systems and AI initiatives; and of technology used for interconnecting applications within the Editorial Systems Group portfolio that are both on-premise and cloud-based.
- Advanced experience with Oracle and Snowflake Databases; in-depth understanding of database principles; gathering and analyzing system requirements; data mining and segmentation techniques; ETL processing and data catalog (Talend software); data visualization (Tableau software); updating or creating documentation for enhancements and design changes; facilitating decisions about the design and technology implementation; Linux, Linux shell scripting, and some Java/XML; MS SQL Server; Microsoft Office Visio, and Microsoft Project, Atlassian Confluence; and analysis and problem-solving.
- Theoretical knowledge of data warehouse concepts (star schemas, Kimball/Inmon, bus architecture vs. hub and spoke) is helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with team members, management, and business customers.
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
State: District Of Columbia
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Data Architect
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.