Java Developer II
Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 8848
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle for JEE applications (web and server side applications)
- Provide industry standard technical solutions and best practices to resolve a wide-range of complex problems while ensuring adherence to Estes' standards and processes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- 2+ years UI Design and development experience with Java/JEE or .NET/C# or Angular
- Experience with object oriented design principles and design patterns - must be able to apply industry standard solutions in order to resolve problems with a simple, organized design.
- Experience with relational (ERD) and object oriented (UML) modeling to develop design documentation using industry standard practices
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Angular, Responsive Design Frameworks (i.e., Bootstrap), DevOps. UI build tools such as Gulp/Grunt, NG, NPM. Java build tools such as Maven or Gradle. Building and running containers with a stateless design using Docker, or Podman, and container orchestration platforms such as Red Hat OpenShift, or Kubernetes. Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins. Runtime environments such as Node JS, or OpenJDK 11. Common interfacing techniques for web applications such as SOAP and REST services. Databases such as IBM DB2, SQL Server relational database, Mongo. Unit testing tools such as JUnit for Java; Nunit for .NET/C#; or Jasmine or Karma for Angular. Integrated development environments (IDE) such as Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), Red Hat Developer Studio for Java; Visual Studio for .Net/C#; or WebStorm, Visual Studio Code for Angular. Configuration source code management (SCM) tools such as Apache Subversion (SVN), Git, or GitLab. Operating systems such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Java Developer II
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.