Enterprise Business Continuity Program Manager
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Requisition Number: 8832
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be onsite full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Manage and administer the Enterprise Business Continuity Program, researching and introducing best practices to ensure ongoing business continuation and recovery capabilities.
- Subject matter expert for all aspects of business continuation and advise business unit plan builders regarding details of individual plans at their level.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of Agency plans through the implementation of enhancements initiated by exercises, audit findings, or changes in regulations/contracts.
- System administrator for the business continuity program documentation software; conduct training for all system users; point of contact with the software vendor.
- Manage and supervise the administration and maintenance of all business continuity software used in business continuity planning, management and response activities.
- Lead the quarterly review to ensure that all business unit business continuity plans are reviewed and/or updated.
- Ensure that the Critical Incident Management Plan, the Pandemic Plan, and the Critical Incident Response Plans are review and/or updated annually.
- Respond to all internal and external audit requests; responsible for implementing audit recommendations after approval by the Enterprise Business Continuity Steering Committee.
- Pursue and close all open issues related to business continuity plans.
- Responsible for working with Compliance and Legal departments to ensure that all business continuity plans are in compliance with State, Federal, and Industry regulations.
- Respond to requests for information from government regulators or commercial clients.
- Collaborate with plan builders to ensure that techniques that are implemented are compatible. Prepare and conduct exercises to validate that plans are comprehensive and complete.
- Subject matter expert for Emergency Preparedness Liaison Officer among other State Agencies.
- Administer Agency Mass Notification system.
- Develop and maintain a business continuity training and awareness program for all employees, furnishing training products to Human Resources for administration via the Agency’s training platform.
- Work with Disaster Recovery analyst to ensure recovery plans align with business recovery requirements.
- Coordinate strategic planning of business continuity programs, working with management teams to properly assess vulnerabilities and develop continuity strategies.
- Schedule and conduct tests of all Agency plans in the program, documenting findings for approval and later implementation.
- Manage, schedule and observe annual plan exercises, reporting on outcomes and tracking the completion of post- exercise lessons learned.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements. Identify risk avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Create and publish reports summarizing testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Ensure that the BCP plan comply with the federal contract, review annually and update as necessary, and provide to FSA on an annual basis as required by contract.
- Analyze and make program adjustments including documentation revisions to comply with National Institute of Standards and Technology, client contracts, and industry standards/benchmarks.
- Advance BCP with both creative solutions and pragmatic KPI’s.
- Oversee the process in resolving issues and problems identified during continuity efforts and coordinate the execution of decisions made by executive management.
- Propose and implement tooling to oversee the BCP/DR (minimizing manual efforts).
- Research and coordinate purchase/contacts for new technologies.
- Participate in industry forums that examine new ways to improve planning and testing. Test new software and/or technologies.
- Partner with Information Technology to propose leverage of available technologies (e.g. AWS) to reduce costs and risk while increasing resiliency.
- Maintain all related 3rd party business continuity vendor contracts.
- Serve as an ad hoc member of the Agency’s Critical Incident Management Team, Critical Incident Response Team, Pandemic Planning Committee, and conduct business unit business continuity plan builder training/meetings.
- Seek the necessary training to maintain appropriate professional credentials and ensure competency regarding changes in regulatory or contractual obligations related to the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years of practical business experience, specifically in business continuity and/or disaster recovery. Business Continuity and Risk Management certifications (ABCP, CBCP, MBCP, ARM, CRM) or any combination of the equivalent training, certifications, and/or experience.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of business continuity frameworks.
- Ability to perform analytical work, such as impact assessments and risk assessments, including but not limited to business impact analyses.
- Working knowledge of information technology.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Solid project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage projects in a cross functional environment.
- Ensure that project quality and plans for projects of a complex nature are prepared and maintained. Motivate, monitor and control performance against plans.
- Proven ability to appropriately interact with all levels of management and business continuity coordinators.
- Demonstrated solid oral and written communication skills to convey information effectively.
- Demonstrated solid logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to create, review and/or revise formal company documentation including but not limited to policies, standards, procedures, recovery/contingency plans.
- Advanced experience in business continuity analysis, business continuity planning, group facilitation and financial services industry practices.
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
It would be great if you also had:
- Knowledge of “best practice” frameworks (DRII, COBIT, NIST, ITIL, ISO17799) are preferred but not required.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Business Continuity Program Manager
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.