Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0002491
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will remain as a remote position once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Celerity is leading an agile transformation for a client in the retail industry. Celerity will be advising, coaching and leading the transition from a waterfall environment to an agile environment. As part of the team, you will be working with Scrum Masters and executive leadership to coach and change processes, frameworks, and mindset in order to enable an agile environment
- Help foster an agile mindset within individuals, teams, and organizations to help them better meet their goals
- Observe and understand the context of a team or organization; combine what you learn with your agile expertise to adapt practices and your stance to promote increasing levels of agility
- Facilitate sessions for those you support, whether it’s the core events of an agile framework or ad-hoc workshops that will help a group improve
- Based on experience, serve across different stages of a team or organization’s agile journey, from introductory training and coaching to continuously improving high-performing teams
- Based on experience, assist at varying levels of scale, from embedding within a single team to creating cohesion and alignment across an entire organization
- Coach a variety of individuals, from teaching team members the basics of a framework or practice to improving the leadership capabilities of executives
- A relentless drive for continuous improvement and self-learning. Embrace servant leadership principles to mentor and guide teams
- Deep expertise in Agile
- Minimum 5 years workign in Agile
- A high degree of flexibility; you can tailor agile practices and your facilitation style based on the context of the team and organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills; you excel at team building, one-on-one conversations, and issue resolution. Strong communication skills; you can clearly present complex information verbally and visually to team members, management, stakeholders, and executives
- The ability to grow others; you know how to train, mentor, coach, model, and advise individuals and teams, helping them become better agilists, team members, and leaders
- Outstanding problem-solving skills; you find creative ways to help improve teams, with a focus on optimizing the overall system
- Exceptional leadership skills; you know how to co-create a vision, reinforce it, and align teams, stakeholders, and an organization around it
- Strong decision-making skills that allow teams to take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
- Demonstrated experience with standard software development practices and concepts. Demonstrated advanced ability to operate using analytical, critical thinking, organizational, and project management skills
- Demonstrated proficient ability to develop and promote effective working relationships with all levels of management
- Must have Scrum Master experience
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Agilist
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.