Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Requisition Number: 8827
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will remain as a remote position once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Code/build application solutions from specifications provided by Requirements Analysts and Application Integration Architect.
- Develop and execute unit tests and functional test coverage for assigned coding changes to ensure code quality.
- Perform testing of application software modifications utilizing various programming platforms and productivity tools and review results for accuracy.
- Perform coding and testing in multiple systems and/or processes.
- Follow processes and procedures to ensure the quality of technical solutions.
- Lead and/or provide assistance with presentations in code reviews.
- Participate in broader technical reviews used to detect defects in requirements, design, code, test cases, or other project artifacts.
- Perform documentation of all code changes.
- Support Senior Developers in compiling detailed activity task management including recording work effort and providing estimates of time to complete tasks.
- Support Senior Developers in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments.
- Develop and maintain code repositories according to established version management approaches and methods as defined.
- Follow code construction fundamentals for coding practices, guideline for use of data, control- related concepts, and error-detection practices
- Assist in identification and evaluation of risks; participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Provide on-call support in support of systems and applications in production.
- Perform production support activities including incident and problem management, code corrections, upgrades and patches.
- Remain current on industry specific technologies and emerging trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/MIS, Engineering, or related field and three plus years of programing experience or the equivalent combination of skills, experience, and certification with experience.
- Experience with programming languages.
- Experience with Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Representational State Transfer (REST), Application Programming Interface (API) Management, and Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
- Understanding of system behaviors and functionality.
- Experience designing, building and supporting high-performing Java EE applications.
- Demonstrated experience developing mainframe applications.
- Experience with implementing Web Services.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of software engineering, design, and testing.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with relational and Not Only SQL (NOSQL) databases.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Java Developer
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.