Location: Washington, D.C., United States
Requisition Number: 8824
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Define business requirements through elicitation and research of business processes, operations and survey.
- Development of use-cases.
- Testing business processes and recommending improvements.
- Quickly understands the business needs and challenges of business stakeholders
- Develop/own requirements and system and technical specifications documentation for client engagements.
- Become subject matter expert on application, process or system to support development and testing efforts.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with project team to constantly identify changes and updates project deliverables.
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses understanding the different SDLC methodologies
- Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, MS Project and Visio.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
- Partners with Project Manager to ensure successful project delivery
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Develops relationships with business stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships.
- Manages expectations effectively.
- Visio, MS Project, SDLC, business requirements
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
State: District Of Columbia
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.