Location: Washington, D.C., United States
Requisition Number: RR-0002276
Celerity's digital team is engaged in consulting services for a client in the media space. As a part of this team, the Sr UX Designer will play an important role in bringing this vision to life in support of current and future digital and mobile initiatives. We create engaged and impactful relationships with our various stakeholder communities, including Explorers, Educators and Students, and Key Influencers (Foundations, Policy Makers, Donors, etc.) across website, mobile and social channels.
The Sr UX Designer provides the standard for IA, User Research, and Product Design skills to both enhance existing digital products and storytelling experiences, while also innovating towards new, cutting-edge experiences. Using the principles of Lean Agile, Design Thinking, and Atomic Design, he/she will collaborate closely with Product, Technology, Content, and all business units to directly contribute towards NGS’s mission to change the world. As a key, cross-functional member of the Digital Team, the UX Designer will own design projects that range from improving a holistic design system, to designing impact storytelling templates, to creating map-based web and native apps.
The Sr UX Designer will utilize and evangelize user-centered design to achieve our goals. He/she will be an energetic player/coach and help product/content teams conceive experiences by developing and analyzing surveys and other data and synthesizing it visually into IA, User Flows, wireframes and final interaction design solutions. Working closely with our engineering teams, he/she will use Agile user testing to constantly test, learn, and iterate to success.
Here’s what you’ll do in this role:
- Provide IA solutions for the constantly evolving and expanding the client's website with an eye toward driving engagement for targeted audiences and achieving overall digital goals (20%)
- Design and present User Flows, Journeys, wireframes and interaction designs at the discovery level for both Digital Products and Editorial Experiences (20%)
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Engineers to create world-class prototypes, web apps, and digital products along with business stakeholders, including Marketing, Grants, Programs, Development, Events, and Education. Utilize insights and analytics to test, optimize and iterate. (20%)
- Create test scripts and plans for both IA and Prototypes, then conduct tests and write summary reports (10%)
- Design and develop best practices for our internal design system (10%)
- Get to know our main audiences – Educators, Explorers, and Influencers – and tirelessly advocate for them (10%)
- Keep up with current trends and best practices in the marketplace. (10%)
- 3+ Years of experience and Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic, UX, HCI, or web design
- Solid understanding of Atomic Design or Modular Design principles
- Demonstrable understanding of IA best practices
- Demonstrable understanding of UX design best practices
- Demonstrable understanding of responsive / mobile design
- Pro-active self-starter with a “can do” approach to problem solving who thrives with hard challenges and approaches problems with a data-driven mindset
- Must be a team-oriented individual, energetic, result & delivery oriented, with a keen interest on quality and the ability to meet deadlines
- Passion for optimizing user experience and maximizing engagement among target audiences
- Effective communication skills, especially with developers
- Strong presentation skills to business stakeholders
- Prototyping experience using Invision, Axure, or similar tools
- Omnigraffle (or equivalent), Sketch and Adobe CC
- A/B testing, Qualitative User Testing
- Lean UX, Agile methodology
- Expert ability to understand and visualize multiple scenarios and user states simultaneously.
- Expert-level online portfolio that includes site maps, user flows, and hi-fidelity wireframes
- Experience working in an agile development methodology
- Experience working with offshore development teams a plus
- Experience working in either media or non profit sectors is a plus
- Impeccable integrity. We are team-first at Celerity
- A positive attitude. We can have fun while we work hard to solve business challenges
- A heart for people. Excellent relationship-building skills across teams, peers, clients, vendors
- A head for business. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- A passion for results. You strive to work complex issues with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
State: District Of Columbia
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: UX Designer
Find your home at Celerity
At Celerity, authenticity isn’t just a buzz word. It’s a promise to each other and to our clients that we will bring our true, best selves to every interaction, to every solution. We hire for the person -- not for the role. And we believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and brightest innovative thinkers, but with those of highest integrity who are purpose-driven in all that they do. That's how we've come to be known by our clients as the consultancy that delivers impact, not ego.
Our culture attracts people who crave something greater than a job: meaningful opportunities in an environment of mutual respect. Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We look for people who share our values to be bold, innovative, and a transformative force for our clients. Through opportunities to shape skill sets and work with industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, including access to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals, Celerity provides the freedom to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Find out more at www.celerity.com/careers.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><strong>We Are Celerity<br /></strong></p> <p> </p> <p>Founded in 2002, Celerity <span style="color:black;background:white">is a business and technology consulting firm dedicated to helping businesses respond to change—efficiently, quickly, and with focus on the customer. We specialize in digital experience, change management, operational efficiency, and the integration between them all.</span> Celerity is the premium solutions partner of Randstad Technology Group (RTG US).</p> <p> </p> <p>This is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate and businesses are challenged to quickly respond, Celerity is leading the way — supporting transformative change for our clients and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.</p> <p> </p> <p>We help businesses thrive in a changing environment. Join us.</p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.