Business Analyst V
Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 8645
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
What You’ll Do
- Responsibilities include analyzing problems; documenting business processes; developing requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria; and managing requirements traceability and testing
- Work with the Product Owners to understand business processes and pain points
- Develop expertise in the customers’ business applications
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis to identify system gaps and deficiencies that require a business, technical or blended approach for resolution
- Diagram current processes and proposed modifications using process flows, context diagrams and data flow diagrams
- Discover and document requirements and user stories with a focus on improving both business and technical processing
- Decompose requirements into Epics and Features and create clear and concise user stories that are easy to understand and implement by technical staff
- Utilize progressive elaboration; map stories to technical design specifications to be used by internal staff to develop the system modifications
- Identify and group related user stories into Themes, document the dependencies and associated business processes
- Assist Product Owner in maintaining the product backlog
- Create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups
- Propose alternative solutions that balance cost and benefit, and adequately test a solution’s feasibility for business and technical compatibility
- Collaborate with staff, vendors, consultants, and contractors as they are engaged on tasks to formulate, detail and test potential and implemented solutions.
- Perform Quality Analyst functions such as defining test objectives, test plans and test cases, and executing test cases (including regression testing)
- Assist Product Owners with testing the deliverables and coordinate User Acceptance Testing
- The candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of experience delivering business and systems analysis artifacts
- 5+ years’ experience as an Agile Business Analyst; strong understanding of Scrum concepts and methodology
- Experience organizing and maintaining Product and Sprint backlogs
- Experience translating client and product strategy requirements into application requirements and user stories
- Proficient with defining acceptance criteria and managing acceptance process with development
- Experience with large, multi-module systems
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, Project Server)
- Experience with Application Lifecycle management (ALM)
- The candidate must have exceptional written and oral communications skills and have the proven ability to work well with a diverse set of peers and customers
- CBAP and/or CSPO Certification
- Experience using Team Foundation Server for agile software development and work item tracking
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Test Complete
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst V
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">We collaborate. We create. We innovate.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Intrigued?</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Celerity is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation. </span></p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.