Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 8642
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
What You’ll Do
Responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle for JEE applications (web and server-side applications) and JEE architecture. Provide industry standard technical solutions and best practices to resolve a wide-range of complex problems while ensuring adherence to Estes’ standards and processes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Preferred Experience: Build scripting tools such as Gulp/Grunt, TypeScript, Node JS and npm
- 3+ years JEE experience (unless years of experience stated differently below) with the following technology stack
- Preferred Experience: DevOps experience, Building and running containers: Docker, Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, SOAP and REST web services, Interactive Development Environments (IDE): Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), Red Hat Developer Studio, Source Code Management (SCM) tools such as Apache Subversion (SVN), Git, GitLab, Build scripting tools such as Apache Ant and Maven, Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Operating systems such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, IBM DB2, SQL Server relational database
- Extensive experience with responsive UI design and development
- Extensive experience with object oriented design principles and design patterns - must be able to apply industry standard solutions in order to resolve problems with a simple, organized design
- Experience with relational (ERD) and object oriented (UML) modeling to develop design documentation using industry standard practices
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Regular attendance is required
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Java Architect
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">We collaborate. We create. We innovate.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Intrigued?</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Celerity is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation. </span></p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.