React Java Developer
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 8641
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
What You’ll Do
- Write code for complex designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code to and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Write code mostly for developing new programs Review code developed by other Developers Provide input to and drive programming standards Write detailed technical specifications. Identify integration points
- Review technical specs created by other developers. Ensure sufficient quality and compliance of documentation to architectural standards. Report missing elements found in requirements and explain impacts to team members
- Consult with other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and Project Managers. Serves as lead liaison to vendors as assigned. May serve on Steering Committees. "Scope" time, resources, etc. required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates
- Incorporate other Developer's scope information into own scope document (for integration points). Assist in reviewing vendor products. Provide SME input on compliance of products to architectural standards and impacts to IT environment
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. Able to debug most program errors (simple to complex). May seek assistance from vendors to debug complex errors
- Support transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. Coordinate points for transitioning
- Document what has to be migrated / file properties. Work on integration issues and determines the integration approach. Coordinate with other areas for integration architecture solutions
- Assist technical team with defining configuration for installing products. May consult on database setup. May load database for testing, especially if there are multiple tables
- Review vendor research and gap analyses. Narrows down vendor choices and makes final recommendation to technical team and client
- Act as a technical mentor to other team members. May act as a technical lead on projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as the supervisor may, from time to time, deem necessary
- ReactJS, ReactJS (UI), NodeJS, MondoDB, GIT, REST Web Services, Hadoop, JAVA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 6+ years' related work experience, including progressive work experience in a programming or application development role
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning tools. Thorough knowledge of Information. Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player. Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities. Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills. Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately. Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle. Proficiency programming in more than one object oriented programming language
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Experience mentoring / or leading other development staff
- Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: React Java Developer
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">We collaborate. We create. We innovate.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Intrigued?</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Celerity is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation. </span></p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.