Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0002117
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will remain as a remote position once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
About the Role:
Celerity is leading an agile transformation for a client in the FinTech industry. Celerity will be advising, coaching and leading the transition from a waterfall environment to an agile environment. As part of the team, you will be working with Scrum Masters and executive leadership to coach and change processes, frameworks, and mindset in order to enable an agile environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Help foster an agile mindset within individuals, teams, and organizations to help them better meet their goals.
- Observe and understand the context of a team or organization; combine what you learn with your agile expertise to adapt practices and your stance to promote increasing levels of agility.
- Facilitate sessions for those you support, whether it’s the core events of an agile framework or ad-hoc workshops that will help a group improve.
- Based on experience, serve across different stages of a team or organization’s agile journey, from introductory training and coaching to continuously improving high-performing teams.
- Based on experience, assist at varying levels of scale, from embedding within a single team to creating cohesion and alignment across an entire organization.
- Coach a variety of individuals, from teaching team members the basics of a framework or practice to improving the leadership capabilities of executives.
- A relentless drive for continuous improvement and self-learning.
- Embrace servant leadership principles to mentor and guide teams.
- Deep expertise in Agile
- Minimum of 3 years in Agile
- A high degree of flexibility; you can tailor agile practices and your facilitation style based on the context of the team and organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; you excel at team building, one-on-one conversations, and issue resolution.
- Strong communication skills; you can clearly present complex information verbally and visually to team members, management, stakeholders, and executives.
- The ability to grow others; you know how to train, mentor, coach, model, and advise individuals and teams, helping them become better agilists, team members, and leaders.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills; you find creative ways to help improve teams, with a focus on optimizing the overall system.
- Exceptional leadership skills; you know how to co-create a vision, reinforce it, and align teams, stakeholders, and an organization around it.
- Strong decision-making skills that allow teams to take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Demonstrated experience with standard software development practices and concepts.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to operate using analytical, critical thinking, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated proficient ability to develop and promote effective working relationships with all levels of management.
- Must have Scrum Master experience.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Agilist
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">We collaborate. We create. We innovate.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Intrigued?</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Celerity is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation. </span></p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.