Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0001608
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will remain as a remote position once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
About the Role
Celerity is engaged with a healthcare company to move the data and HR systems to the cloud. Celerity is looking for a Cloud Architect to join our team supporting this initiative.
- Work with the lead DBA to design an Azure infrastructure solution to host data and HR systems within an existing Azure tenant
- Work with the lead BI consultant to design and implement a BI solution that will serve as a template for future BI and data migrations
- Design the security and access controls for sensitive HR data in Azure
- Create supporting systems for the data platform, such as backups, high-availability, and disaster recovery
- Work with the client security and legal departments to define and enforce data retention limits and policies
- Create processes that manage data location and availability based on sensitivity, age, and usage
- Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to data and BI consultants on a range of design issues.
- Implement the designed infrastructure using code-deployment tools like Terraform or Ansible
- Implements core infrastructure and software development lifecycle for cloud computing components
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role OR High school / GED and at least 7 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- 6+ years of IT Architect experience and/or site reliability engineering in cloud technologies
- Knowledge of Azure Services and configuring Azure services
- 3+ years hands-on experience in IT operations world - Managing and/or influencing infrastructure services to ensure application service uptime and user experience
- Knowledge of cloud security controls such as encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, firewalls, DNS, APIs, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile Development and experience with building applications using Atlassian tools (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence), JFrog Artifactory, Chef and Jenkins.
- Microsoft Azure Architect certifications.
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Architect
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">We collaborate. We create. We innovate.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Intrigued?</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Celerity is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation. </span></p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.