Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: RR-0002044
What You’ll Do
• Work with stakeholders to define and establish data governance best practices, establish data quality definitions and data management policies
• Work with various leads and departments to ensure data quality
• Create and maintain documented approaches leveraging best practices and associated tools
• Seeks an experienced Database Architect for a pivotal role in our digital transformation journey
• Partnering with senior leaders throughout the organization, you will design and build a new data lake to combine various data stores.
• The successful applicant has proven success with architecting massive data projects across a diverse technology portfolio
• They possess expert knowledge of multiple SQL and NoSQL database technologies and deep experience of using them across diverse problem areas
• They are equally comfortable in high-level business discussions as well as debating low-level technical details
• Proven experience facilitating data governance initiatives and best practices
• Proven success in building data lakes and data warehouses
• Significant experience in architecting large-scale data projects
• Experience of multiple technologies, including PostgreSQL, SQL, and NoSQL databases
• Successful track record of influencing and partnering with senior leaders and technologists to ensure project success
• World-class data design and architecture skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with investment applications and the investment or financial industry
• Practical experience with any of the following technologies and services: GraphQL, Redux, API Gateway, Step Functions, Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshift, AWS Glue, AWS Step Functions, Amazon Redshift
• AWS or Google Cloud certification (especially the Certified Solutions Architect track in AWS)
• Passion for data science and analytics
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Data Architect
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">We collaborate. We create. We innovate.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Intrigued?</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Celerity is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation. </span></p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.