Front End Developer
Location: McLean, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 8580
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the pandemic, all our employees are working remotely and we will be conducting candidate interviews by video. This position will be required to be on client site full time once the COVID-19 crisis has abated.
What You’ll Do
- Translate wireframes, comps, and high-level requirements into functional, performant, responsive, production-ready markup
- Collaborate with a team of UX, UI, designers, writers, and marketing staff to design and develop wireframes, prototypes, and requirements
- Update or add new features to existing web projects by implementing clean, semantic reusable code/libraries, and provide guidelines for others to follow
- Present proposed solutions, structures, and designs to a non-technical audience including marketing teams, senior management, designers, and project stakeholders
- Standardize new components for integration with content management systems/3rd party environments
- Construct and maintain web development standards and guidelines
- Serve as an expert resource on web development to junior developers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a client-facing professional demeanor
- Expert understanding of web standards, information design, and best practices for accessibility, usability, and SEO
- Expert in current web technologies, e.g. HTML5, CSS3, responsive/mobile-first design
- Expert understanding of responsive/mobile-first web design
- Ability to build environments that use Gulp, WebPack, SCSS, Handlebars, Foundation
- Highly proficient in client-side scripting, AJAX, and JQuery
- Experience with managing source code using git (or other similar VCS)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign
- Portfolio or showcase of previous work (websites, open source contribution, personal projects)
- Familiarity with SMACCS (or BEM) methodologies
- Familiarity with content management systems and template development
- Familiarity with data serialization formats (JSON/XML/YAML)
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Front End Developer
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">We collaborate. We create. We innovate.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Intrigued?</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Celerity is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation. </span></p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.