Location: Washington, D.C., United States
Requisition Number: 8570
What You'll Do
- Plan and execute business engagements ensuring that they are properly scoped, staffed, linked to key business outcomes and result in business value.
- In partnership with business sponsors, envision, plan, implement, communicate, promote and update the target business architecture over multiple time horizons.
- Solicit strategic imperatives from senior leaders and executives
- Apply original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services
- Fully articulate current and target state business design using capability models, process models, operating models and motivation models
- Execute a holistic business assessment that supports the business design by identifying gaps, pain points, opportunities for improvement and impact
- Illustrate alignment, or lack thereof, between strategic goals and key business decisions
- Highlight structural concerns, functional inter-dependencies and redundancies
- Generate and maintain a conceptual business transition roadmap
- Apply business scenario techniques to prioritize business value and consider execution risk
- Recommend strategies to business sponsors that close capability gaps and deliver business value
- Provide recommendations directly to the initiative funding and governance cycles regarding alignment of proposed projects and business scenarios
- Apply change management and governance techniques to keep transition roadmap current
- Generate awareness and understanding of the practice and value of strategic business architecture
- Contribute to a body of work to make the practice of business architecture simple to explain and easy to understand
- Support business managers in using current and target state business design
- 7+ years of relevant business architecture experience
- Expertise in one or more business process modeling and business architecture tools
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation skills, summation skills and comfort presenting to executive management
- Have strong interpersonal skills, great political acumen and emotional intelligence
- Be a business-focused strategic, systemic and conceptual thinker, with an awareness of technology and data constructs
- Be able to hold both a "big-picture” and a detailed view of a business problem when considering solutions
- Have an innate ability to understand very complex processes and systems, immediately and intuitively understanding how they work and how they can be improved
- Have strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
- Have experience in Financial Services, ideally housing industry (mortgage underwriting, mortgage servicing, mortgage insurance or capital markets)
State: District Of Columbia
Ext Portal Job Header:
Community / Marketing Title: Business Architect
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity’s clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone’s track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">We collaborate. We create. We innovate.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Intrigued?</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!</span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000"> </span></p> <p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000">Celerity is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation. </span></p>
CountryEEOText_Description: We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Celerity is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.